Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Sunday 31 July 2011

should really introduce ourselves....


This is myself and Paolo at our first fundraising event today where with the help of the whole team (and in particular Natalie's husband Daniel) we managed to raise £165. We were each on the bike for about 1 hr 45 mins and not feeling too saddle sore tonight.
I signed up to the cycle on the first night it was drunkenly suggested, but anyone who knows me knows that I've got a fairly big stubborn streak. So as far as I was concerned as soon as the challenge was on the table there was no backing down. I was quite surprised though to hear that Paolo wanted to join us. Exercise is not usually his cup of tea but he does like to cycle. His goal at the moment is to make it to Scotland and eat deep fried kebab pizza.
Our training so far has involved cycling to work - 5k for Paolo and 10k for me. We're away next month but when we get back we'll be starting some longer cycles to try to build up our fitness.
I'm definitely encouraged by today's fundraising effort. We had some really good feedback from customers in Pets at Home about the charity and some very generous donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment