Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Monday 25 July 2011

Ouch

Well I have a bike to start a bit of training on. I bought a car cycle rack and brought a bike back from my in-laws in Northants after we stayed for the weekend. Motorway driving with a bike on the back definately a new experience.

It is a light weight hybrid frame but has really chunky mountain tyres. But I figure if I can get going on that, when I switch to a road bike things can only be easier.

Did a little test ride today to get used to gears etc. Did about 8 and 1/2 miles. Very hot day and did it at lunchtime so really hot.

Managed better than I thought even with a few inclines. Took about an hour with 2 drink stops.

Note to self I must get a gel saddle.....ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment