Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Friday 1 July 2011

The training has got off to a flying start. Got myself a lovely new shiny bike, cycling shorts and SPD pedals/shoes. I look a real pro and have been attracting admiration from my fellow commuters on my 10km cycle through London's busy streets. That is until last weekend when I tried to stop at the lights just before Tower Bridge, with a line of cars behind me and a less suitably kitted cyclist in front. I tried to catch hold of a bollard so as not to unclip my feet and totally mis-timed it. Down I went onto the tarmac with a crash, feet still firmly in place. I grazed my knee (haven't done that since I was a kid!) but the only pain was that of embarassment. Especially when the other cyclist turned to check I was ok and his face showed the joy he felt when he saw my attire. I can only imagine how the black cab drivers behind were tickled!

No comments:

Post a Comment