Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Monday 4 July 2011

Well just went to Halfords. But I'm a bit confused.

Whilst I know that I probably need a road bike lightweight, thin tyres etc. I'm not too keen on dropped handlebars. I mean, once I've finished this ride (I mean if I finish), I would like just a good "all rounder" to continue using.

The chap in the shop as quite helpful, if not a little disbeleiving looking at the state of me.

So I think I'll be looking at Hybrids.

Either the Carrera crossfire, or the Marasa Voodoo.

W

3 comments:

  1. cormac higgins4 July 2011 at 19:05

    id say a hybrid vs a road bike will probably end up costing you up to 5mph which on 1000 mile cycle is going to work out as a lot of extra time you'll spend cycling

    id go roadbike all the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree for such a long distance I'd go for a proper road bike. The handles are different but will just take a bit of getting used to I reckon. Do what myself and paolo are doing - we've promised ourselves lovely new mountain bikes when we complete this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same but being practical there is a limit to how much weight a road bike will take! The crossfire has had very good reviews as it has very thin tyres even for a hybrid. I've applied for the C2W scheme so will have a look within my budget.

    ReplyDelete