Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Sunday 22 January 2012

Tired

Ok not sure that was wise. Just got back from 5 hours in teh saddle again. 52.15 miles according to W.I.T.T.
I had planned on 5 laps of 9 or so miles round the village but I realised that would be less than 50 and would kind of feel like going backwards. So afer having done 3 laps and feeling relatively OK I decided to go for the 6.
Well after cycling up Standard Hill 6 times this morning as ell as the other less steep but long and insidious inclines 6 times I am about fit to drop. But at least this time I took some energy. I discovered "Go -Gwel". Good stuff, small sachets so fit in pockets well , isotonic and energy packed. Taste nice (tropical or the ubiquitous berry flavours) but unfrortunately has the texture of wallpaper paste or the contents of a mucometra!
Thinking of the expenditure of calories. Why do I not seem to be losing weight hand over fist? After today I will have done 90 theoretical miles in the gym and 52 today and spent 11 hours in the saddle this week. I know they say muscle eighs more than fa etc etc, but its not like I am turning into Mariusz Pudzianowski (If you like strong man events you'll know!) either.
I think I may just end up as one of those fat but fit people.....you know like some sort of Sumo Ninja??
Bath time.

1 comment:

  1. And I was hoping he one good thing to come out of his would be a buff husband.....

    Vicky the rescue van driver Payne

    ReplyDelete