Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Wednesday 31 August 2011

choosing a bike was the easy bit.....

So we're just back from a relaxing and inactive break and back on our bikes. It was starting to get dark as I cycled home today and it made me think of the long, cold, wet winter ahead. We've already spent a small fortune on basic cycling gear but I think we'll be needing much more in the months ahead. Paolo can't get out of the habit of riding his bike like a mountain bike so we've gone through about 8 inner tubes (tip of the day - don't try jumping off kerbs on your road bike) and the right padded shorts/shoes/pedals/lights/bike computers have all been purchased.
Now with the winter looming I'm thinking we need warmer/more visible jackets and longer leggings. I've already been soaked in a downpour and it wasn't as unpleasant as I expected. In fact the rain on my legs seemed to make the hills a little easier. The only discomfort was my feet being saturated so another piece of must have gear goes on the list in the shape of shoe covers. Hopefully all this gear doesn't sit in a box going mouldy after we do the big one!

No comments:

Post a Comment