Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Thursday 19 April 2012

Tell me why, I dont like cycling....

So with only ten days to go the panic is well and truly here. The usual combination of why didnt i start training earlier & why am i doing this?

But undeterred i set out yesterday in what must have been the worst weather i've seen in Kent in my 5 years here. Gale force winds (well i hope so anyway..... if they were only light winds god help us!) and driving rain made for a very miserable 20 miles. Although i thought i had very good waterproof kit, even Gore wear couldn't withstand this rain. At least where we're going it never rains, does it?

Today was slightly better. Another 20 miles and only some strong winds. I spent about 5 miles of that doing loops around Bob Geldofs house which has some steep hills around it. So Sir Bob, if you're reading this and saw me today, put a few pennies my way please.

No comments:

Post a Comment