Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Monday 23 April 2012

Soggy

Well I finally got a day off. So I went out his morning and did 20 miles. The weather was absolutely foul and I got thoroughly soaked. So I have decided to forego the £35 or so for mud guards as I seemed to get wet enough top to bottom rather than from spray from the wheels. I did find that my vermillion coloured lenses in my shooting glasses were a great help though. Transformed the light from dull grey to go visibility. The knee stood up fine but I think I should have bought a second pair of leggings. I had thought 3 pairs of shorts and 1 set of longies would be sufficient. Oh well it can only get as far as your skin as they sound round here!
I have also been rescued by a friend on the phone front. I have been lent a phone which will be facebook capable.

1 comment:

  1. Don't spend £35 but I would suggest at least something like this....

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flinger-Easy-fit-Mountain-Bike-Mudguard/dp/B0012MC422

    ...otherwise you'll have to contend with a soggy bottom even it's not raining.

    ReplyDelete