Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Bad Timing

Sunday was going reasonably well. Did 53 miles in just under 5 hours and felt really good. However in my haste to get up and out I kind of neglected to eat breakfast. Then sort of forgot lunch.
I popped to the local working mens club to wind down with some friends and have a game of cards. But after being sat down at the table for a while and having had a couple of drinkypoos, when it came to getting on the bike to come home I managed approximately 3 metres before I was off.
Right knee now a little swollen but settling down. The main problem I have is that my assistant is on holiday until next week and because of a swap in the rota I am also working on Sunday now. No time for cycling! I will just have to try and do a longish ride on Monday and keep ticking over for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

  1. I know you're trying to loose weight but you need to fuel yourself before and during cycling. In fact that's one of the best bits! You can have full Englishes, Mars bars etc with an easy concience if you are burning calories on a day's ride. I really stuffed myself on LEJOG and lost a pound or two of weight.

    ReplyDelete