Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Friday 16 March 2012

Twitchy

OK hand problem sorted I think.

Took the bike along to Phoenix cycles in Eastbourne. Bars were too low as suspected. But unbeknownst to me in my efforts to raise them as high as I could I had made them potentially dangerous. So a new handle bar stem has been fitted and things are much more comfortable.

The weekend turned a bit manic for all sorts of reasons, but I got 45 miles in on Saturday and about 15 on Sunday. I'm not sure weather to do 1 long ride one day and a shorter the next or 2 "middling" sized rides. Time is really short at weekends with the surgery open, 3 dogs to walk at home, housework etc etc. I am trying to get to the gym at lunchtimes or before work 2-3 times a week. I got a 20 mile ride in on a static bike yesterday but that's been all this week. Again because of timing its tricky but I am trying to spend at least 1-2 hours on a bike at a time.

I am acutely aware of the fact that I need to up the distances but work is getting a bit busier and its just not happening. I'll just have to console myself in the knowledge from all the LEJOG diaries I have read that older less fit blokes than I have done it with less training and hope for the best.

On the plus side I have reached my £3100 target for the fundraising!

1 comment:

  1. well done on reaching your target. seemed like it was not too long ago that this was the hard part. i'm not too far off now either, it's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete