Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Wednesday 2 May 2012

day 1

Well the day started well. Delayed leaving Lands End by a Royal Navy Search and rescue helecopter landing 20 yards from the start line. We started off but within 40 yards Mr Higgins got a puncture and then 1/4 of a mile down the road my chain flew off.

Got going OK though and made the first drinks stop. Somehow after that my day went abit pear shaped. By lunch it was very wet. My glasses were so steamed up and rain covered that I could not see the signs to turn off for lunch. So I basically missed it and kept going for 40 miles on a cereal bar.

Got there in the end though. All of us got in but were very tired. Dinner was late and bed came very soon after.

But day 1 completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment