Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Monday 27 February 2012

The next barrier

On Sunday I managed to get out on the bike. I had planned to get up at 6 to walk the dogs and get on the road by 7. But I had to take pity on Vicky, not wanting to disturb her too much getting up at such an ungodly hour on a Sundaye especially as she works on Sundays, so I deferred my decision by an hour and got up at 7. Even so I heard the utterence "freak" from the snoozing side of the bed as I got up.
I got on the road at just gone 8. I did my usual circuit of the village encompassing the hill into catsfield, the long incline up to North trade road and finally Standard hill back to Ninfield. I have decided that I should try and push things a bit further for each weekend ride. So I did the 8.5mile circuit 7 times.
W.I.T.T happily informed me that I had completed 60.55 miles in 6 and a half hours. I got through 2 bananas, a bottle of isotonic energy drink and 4 sachets of "Go gel".
Legs not feeling too bad today, so I'm off in a minute for a bit of a recovery ride of 20-25 miles. Depending on when/if the heavens open.

No comments:

Post a Comment