Meet the team and follow our progress as we train for the ride...

Saturday 1 October 2011

Worth it








There have been mornings over the last few weeks when, smashed from the arms of Morpheus
by the alarm at some un-godly hour on a day when I cycle to work, I look at the darkness and mist outside and shiver under the duvet searching for an excuse to stay in bed that extra hour and just drive to work. Yesterday was one of those days.

With the shortening days the mornings are certainly darker. Soon it will be too dark and dangerous to ride to work (even with the cloak of much hi visibility) and I will be settling for gym work and "spinning calsses" rather than risk my neck. I will then try to do more road work at weekends/days off during the day weather permitting.

Unfortunately I couldn't think of a lame enough excuse to not get up. Not even a hangover! So I dragged my kit on and let "Rumer" puppy out for her early morning wee in the garden. I must say even she has been looking at me with disdain on the darker mornings. Her eyes questioning my sanity, yawning on her slow bimble to the gravel path outside the backdoor. Grudgingly she squats and then shuffles back to her crate in the kitchen curled up with her teddy.

I clambered onto the bike, engaged the pedal clamps of death and set off. On the way through the next village along, "Hooe" there are some beautiful views across the Pevensey marshes towards Bexhill and the Sea beyond. On mornings like this just as dawn is breaking it is quite mystical. I thought I would stop and take some shots on my phone and share them with you.

It makes the transition from bed to Mr B's steam, sauna and more importantly the first coffee of the day a bit more gentle.



No comments:

Post a Comment